Monday, January 17, 2011

where do i start??

I know it has been a few days, but our lives are finally full of activity :)
Only took una semana to get that far!
Today we discussed the possibility of moving here, the verdict has not yet been decided.

I was most definitely ready for the weekend when Friday hit.  It has been a while since I've had an obligation 5 days a week, even longer since I've had school 5 days a week.  I mean, let's be honest..it's not my for-tay.

Although our adventure on Friday night to La Luna, which is in Playa Pelada (another beach town next door to Playa Guiones), was a bust (Nelson, from coconut harry's surf shop told us to go, and he wasn't even there), our hitch hiking skills were very successful.  We met a guy who said he really needed a pick me up (get it?) because he had just attended a funeral service, so we made his night, because we were cute and funny.  And when we got to La Luna, the fiesta was over, so we hitched back with two older American men, who were just hilarious.  It was probably a blessing in disguise, seeing as though Rae had to get up at 5:00 am. on Saturday.  Oh, and of course, I could always use the sleep :)

Saturday was eventful.  We got breakfast, I went to the beach and Rae went to yoga.  At 3:00 we had a surf lesson.  Oh myyyy... I should have figured that because I was so bad at snowboarding, wake boarding, and skateboarding.. that I should not have even tried surfing, which requires all of the same skills.  Rachael kicked ass, and has rented a board twice since then, and I was perfectly content watching her from a shore.  We made it to "La Tropicana" or "Tropi" for short, and it was very very fun!  We got a taxi there, with two boys from Switzerland (one works at Cafe de Paris).  We actually went to a different bar in town first, and that is where our taxi driver, Freddy, came into the bar with us, and sipped on a shot.  HAHA.  He also accompanied us to Tropi, where we met up with Willy (the gay local in town, who is awesome) and started by simply people watching.  We met some guys from Virginia, who bought us beers all night..and some street meat (which he said was Iguana, but I don't believe him)..then again, we are in Nosara.  After some liquid courage, we danced the night away!  Oh, and Nelson happened to be there, we gave him a hard time for not showing up on Friday, he felt badly.  I also may or may not have hitched a ride home from him on his quad.  I'm just sayin'.

Sunday was a rough start.  Going to bed somewhere between 3 and 5, means waking up at 12:30.  I slept the day away in the sun, while Rae surfed.  I said I may try it again some day, when my bruises go away, and my jaw is back to normal from when the board and my face got in a fight..and the board won.  I went to a place called, The Beach Dog Cafe, for their BBQ night, and ma-rain-gay band. 
It's pretty fun checking out all the little places around here, and tonight I'm going to Casa Tucan, another local spot.

Classes are still going well, of course, although I really need to practice more!  It is so hard, when I'm surrounded by people that speak English allll the time!  Discipline Maggie, discipline.  I got a new teacher today, who is very nice, but i was bummed, because I was just starting to get used to Silvia and her teaching style!  Hopefully Vivian will be just as good as a teacher, but she has a lot to live up to.

We are meeting new people every day, and really enjoying our time here :)  It is a beautiful place, with beautiful people..inside and out.. some of the nicest people I've ever met!

Hope all is well in the States, or wherever you are reading this from!
I do not miss the snow, but do miss mis amigos :)  I hope some of you can experience this place someday..you know, like when you have to come visit me when I move here!

Off to Casa Tucan, on the back of a Nelson's quad-my new taxi driver ;) bahahaha.

xoxo<3

No comments:

Post a Comment